It is your right to form and support a union at your workplace. Your rights to organize are set forth in Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act: "Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining or other mutual aid or protection . . ."
This means that you have the legal right to help organize, to join, and to support a Union of your own choosing. This includes but is not limited to such activities as:
- Wearing Union stickers, pins, or buttons;
- Filling out a Union authorization card;
- Haciendo que otros llenen las tarjetas durante tu descanso;
- Attending Union meetings;
- Passing out Union literature during your break;
- Talking about the Union to other employees.
If you believe that your right to organize has been violated, talk to your Teamsters Local 117 Business Representative or Shop Steward or contact Local 117 at 206-441-4860 immediately.
¿Te gusta esta página?